Jaime I Old Fashioned
The long ageing process using the traditional solera method gives Jaime I brandy a uniquely mature character that’s perfect for this cocktail.
A classic among classics made with Jaime I brandy, chocolate and orange.
The Kentucky Pendennis club claimed to have invented this classic whisky-based cocktail at the end of the 19th century, but seventy years earlier a drink containing very similar ingredients had already been documented. Together with other cocktails such as the Sidecar, Manhattan, Daiquiri and Martini, the Old Fashioned is one of that select group that are true classics.
The long ageing process using the traditional solera method gives Jaime I brandy a uniquely mature character that’s perfect for this cocktail. The enticing notes of vanilla, walnut, cedar and sandalwood combine to perfection with hints of chocolate and orange in this Brandy Old Fashioned. A tribute to the very beginnings of cocktail making.
Enjoy this cocktail while relaxing after a lunch or dinner. We suggest pairing it with chocolate or chocolate based desserts. Sheer delight!
- Jaime I
- The peel of an orange
- Sugar syrup
- Chocolate bitters
- Orange bitters
- A twist of lemon zest
- Make the cocktail in a mixing glass filled with ice:
- Add 60 ml Jaime I.
- Add the orange zest.
- Add 10 ml sugar syrup.
- Add two splashes of chocolate bitters.
- Add two splashes of orange bitters.
- Stir, chill and dissolve the ice well.
- Double strain into an Old Fashioned style short tumbler and add a large cube of ice.
- Twist the lemon zest, allowing a few drops of the essential oils to fall into the glass, and then discard the lemon twist.